Clock Hours: 20
Nursing Assistants are on the front lines of the country’s healthcare system, providing direct patient care in every setting – from hospitals to nursing homes. The training to become a certified nursing assistant (CNA) is relatively short and allows students an opportunity to start their careers in a matter of weeks.
The CNA provides day-to-day, hands-on, patient care – assisting with routine daily activities, such as walking, eating, bathing, and using the restroom. CNAs improve the overall quality of life of those suffering from chronic conditions, old age, and injuries.
Note: If you fail either the Florida clinical skills or written CNA state exam at least three (3) times, you must complete a full 120-hour board-approved CNA training program (which is not this course) and retake both parts of the exam.
The objective of this course is to prepare students for employment as nursing assistants in long-term care facilities, clinics, home care, and hospitals. Students learn to identify and meet basic patient care needs for safety, vital signs, comfort, and activities of daily living.
Also, this course prepares the students to fulfill the role of the Nursing Assistant and to be eligible to challenge the nursing assistant examination in the State of Florida to get certified and be more competitive in the workplace market.
WAGES / SALARIES & EMPLOYMENT TRENDS
- Workers on average earn $32,250.
- 10% of workers earn $26,880 or less.
- 10% of workers earn $39,760 or more.
In the United States:
- Workers on average earn $35,760.
- 10% of workers earn $28,030 or less.
- 10% of workers earn $45,940 or more.
Source: Bureau of Labor Statistics 2022: https://www.onetonline.org/link/localwages/31-1131.00?st=FL
- Be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language;
- Be a minimum of 18 years of age;
- Complete the application and pay the $50.00 application fee;
- Provide the minimum refundable down payment fee of $300 to hold your sit;
- Provide the nonrefundable registration fee of $150 to hold your sit;
COURSE SCHEDULE OPTIONS
- Mornings: Monday & Wednesday, 10:30 AM – 1:30 PM for 3 weeks
- Evenings: Monday & Wednesday, 6 PM – 9 PM for 3 weeks
- Weekends: Saturday, 12 PM – 6 PM for 3 weeks
|Registration Fee (non-refundable)||$150|
Start with $300.00 down payment with low flexible weekly payment!
COURSE START DATES
|August 2023 – August 2024|
|1. Aug. 28 – Sept. 13||2. Mar. 11 – Mar. 27|
|3. Sep. 18 – Oct. 04||4. Apr. 01 – Apr. 17|
|5. Oct. 09 – Oct. 25||6. Apr. 22 – May 08|
|7. Oct. 30 – Nov. 15||8. May 13 – May 29|
|9. Nov. 20 – Dec. 06||10. Jun. 03 – Jun. 19|
|11. Dec. 11 – Dec. 27||12. Jun. 24 – Jul. 10|
|13. Jan. 08 – Jan. 24||14. Jul. 15 – Jul. 31|
|15. Jan. 29 – Feb. 14||16. Aug. 05 – Aug. 21|
|17. Feb. 19 – Mar. 06||18. Aug. 26 – Sep. 11|
*Note: Classes scheduled on holidays will be made up in other regularly scheduled classes unless otherwise noted on individual course syllabi. The calendar dates are subject to change.
Please call for more information.