Program Totals Clock Hours: 1566
This program will prepare the student in the following subjects: fundamentals of nursing, medical, surgical, obstetric, pediatric, geriatric nursing. Theoretical Instruction and clinical experiences will take place in acute care, long term & in the community setting. Theoretical instruction and concepts include nutrition, human growth and development over the lifespan, body structure and functions, interpersonal relation skills, family relations, mental health concepts, pharmacology and administration of medication, legal aspects and practice. The program entails clinical & simulation experiences, skills laboratory and nursing theory.
By the end of the program, the graduate will be able to:
- Demonstrate the use of scientific knowledge and proper medical terminology when implementing nursing care.
- Use the nursing process as a framework to deliver care to patients of all ages in a variety of clinical settings.
- Follow basic principles of nursing practice and legal standards to perform skills.
- Participate as a member of the health care team to promote, maintain, and restore health.
- Develop strategies that promote ongoing personal and professional adjustments for employment as a practical nurse.
The purpose of this program is to prepare students for a career as a licensed practical nurse. Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN) function as an important part of the health care team, providing patient care under the supervision of a registered nurse (RN) or a licensed physician.
Furthermore, practical nurses take care of patients including feeding, bathing, and maintaining patient charts. They administer medication and monitor equipment. They also assess and monitor the health and illness of patients. Practical nurses are predominantly employed by physicians’ offices, home health care agencies, nursing homes, hospitals, and clinics.
TUITION and FEE
Currently, we do not offer financial aid through FASFA. However, you can contact your local Florida Works, and if you qualify, they may assist you with paying for some of our courses.
We do accept payment plans. If you are interested in a payment plan, please contact us for more information.
Please see student handbook or call us for more information regarding tuition and fee.
The dress code:
- Solid color blue scrub uniform (top and bottom), face mask, & sneaker
- Only religious head dressing is allowed during class.
|Course Number and Title||Total Clock Hours|
|AHP215 – Anatomy and Physiology||96|
|PNR104 – Basic Skills, Quality & Safety in Nursing Practice||20|
|PNR105 – Pharmacology & Medication Administration||72|
|PNR106 – Foundations of Nursing||256|
|PNR108 – Nursing Process & Geriatric Nursing||174|
|PNR200 – Mental Health / Family Care||78|
|PNR201 – Medical-Surgical Nursing I||96|
|PNR203 – Obstetrics / Family Care||128|
|PNR204 – Pediatric Nursing / Family Care||128|
|PNR205 – Concepts of Leadership & Collaboration||10|
|PNR206 – Medical-Surgical Nursing II||250|
|PNR207 – Transition to PN/VN Practice||100|
|PNR208 – Concepts of Community-Based Nursing||20|
|PNR209 – Integration, Personal Family and Community Health||90|
|PSY278 – Human Growth and Development||24|
|SCI115 – Fundamentals of Human Nutrition||24|
|SCI115 – Fundamentals of Human Nutrition||24|
Applicants must meet the following requirements before being admitted:
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Pay a non-refundable registration fee.
- Driver’s License and Social Security Card.
- Have a high school diploma/transcript or GED.
- Pass Comprehensive TABE with a score of 75% or higher.
- Have a personal interview with the Program Director.
- Submit a signed enrollment agreement.
- Must have the following documents before the first day of class:
- Level II Background Check
- 12 Panel Drug Screening Test Results
- Must have the following documents before clinical rotation::
- Medical report attesting to good health.
- Provide proof of negative PPD within the past 6 months or chest X-ray within 1 year.
- Proof of immunizations: Polio, Tetanus, Hepatitis B series, Varicella and Influenza titers during flu season.
Full-time students will complete this program in 12 months.
***Note: The catalog and the enrollment agreement constitute a binding contract between the student and Palm Beach Career (PBC) – School of Allied Health Sciences. Please read both carefully prior to signing the enrollment agreement..
Please contact us for the next available class.
Cancellation before the start of class will result in a refund of all monies paid, except for the NON-REFUNDABLE application and registration fees.
*Schedule and/ or program subject to change without notice.